BEXEL MANAGER FAQ
1. What are the recommended hardware and software configurations for running the BEXEL Manager?
The recommended hardware and software configuration for running the BEXEL Manager smoothly on most medium projects are the following:
- Operating System: Windows 7 SP1, Windows 8.1 or Windows 10 (version 1607 or newer).
- Processor: Intel i5 quad-core processor or AMD equivalent or better.
- Memory: 16GB RAM.
- Graphics: A dedicated graphics card that supports Open GL 2.0 at least (e.g. NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 or AMD equivalent or better). The application is best viewed at 1920×1080 resolution or higher.
- Storage: The setup requires around 500MB of free disk space. For faster loading times, 128GB or larger SSD is recommended to be used for storing BEXEL Manager projects.
- Network: Internet connection is required during the installation and update process. Also, it is required at the software startup or closing or when using features based on cloud/web services.
(*) Administrator rights will be required to install and/or update the software.
For large projects the following applies:
- Memory: 32GB RAM or more
- Graphics: Not recommended to have under 4GB of GPU VRAM for very large projects.
2. Can BEXEL Manager be run on Mac OS?
Mac OS is not supported at the moment. In order to use BEXEL Manager on Mac OS, we suggest installing Windows on VMware Fusion virtual machine or making a dual boot with Windows using Boot Camp Assistant.
3. Can I use BEXEL Manager remotely?
Regarding the remote use of BEXEL Manager, we suggest using any free/paid version of popular remote clients such as Any Desk, Team Viewer, or VNC. Using Windows Remote Desktop Connection is possible, but due to some technical restrictions it may result in problems with 3D views inside BEXEL Manager and therefore is not recommended.
1. What is Bexel User Area?
Bexel User Area is a private web portal intended for users of Bexel’s products. The portal is located on https://accounts.bexelconsulting.com/web and is accessible for any user that has a valid Bexel Account. Alongside basic features for managing user account, the portal contains information about available Bexel products, license information as well as a lot of useful materials that make learning or using Bexel products easy.
2. What is Bexel Account? How to register an account for Bexel User Area?
Bexel Account is a unique account to be used for all Bexel products as well as for Bexel User Area. The account will be created automatically when a user requests a trial or educational license for one if the Bexel’s products, or it can be created manually from https://accounts.bexelconsulting.com/web/Account/RegisterUser.
3. How to reset password for Bexel Account?
The reset password procedure is available at the following link. After submitting the password reset request, an email will be sent to the provided email address. The email will include a password reset link that is valid for the next 24 hours. After choosing the new password, the user will be able to login to the account. Please keep in mind that BEXEL Manager and other applications that use the Bexel Account may be logged out after changing the password.
4. Where could the material for learning Bexel products be found?
Most of the materials (sample models, manuals, training materials, cost databases, API scripts, webinar recordings, etc.) can be found in the ‘Bexel User Area’ -> Materials section for all registered Bexel users. Some of the materials and useful information also can be found on the support page of our website. Also, a lot of video tutorials that show BEXEL Manager in action or how to use it from the beginning can be found on the Bexel YouTube channel. Most of the materials are translated or subtitled into several languages.
5. Which type of support is available for Bexel users? How to contact the support?
Full and free technical support from Bexel’s product specialist or engineers is available 24 hours, 7 days per week. The support can be reached via email . Response times may vary, but the most common response time is under 24h.
Besides Bexel’s technical support, regional resellers/partners are also in charge of giving technical support for their clients. To find more information about the resellers worldwide, please visit this page.
1. How to request trial version of BEXEL Manager?
The free and full version of BEXEL Manager that lasts 30 days is available just after submitting the request on this page. The only limitation is that the trial license couldn’t be used for commercial purposes.
All students, Ph.D. candidates, and university professors could request an annual educational license from this link. The educational license must be used for educational purposes only and could be renewed if the academic status of the user is not expired.
Both trial versions come with a fully developed 3D BIM model, ready for 3D, 4D, and 5D BIM analyses, such as schedules, cost items, and others.
2. In which languages is BEXEL Manager available? How to run BEXEL Manager in a specific language?
In order to use BEXEL Manager in another language (default is English), please choose the preferred language on the first screen of the installation wizard. Also, keep in mind that language of BEXEL Manager could be changed at any time after the installation. To do that, please choose the ‘Properties’ option from the context menu (right-click) of the BEXEL Manager shortcut on the desktop and change the part after ‘/language:’ in the ‘Target’ field with preferred language code. The full list of currently supported languages and their codes is available below:
- English -> ENU
- German -> DEU
- Spanish -> ESP
- French -> FRA
- Russian -> RUS
- Italian -> ITA
- Korean -> KOR
- Serbian-> SRB
- Croatian -> SRB
- Bosnian -> SRB
- Slovenian-> SLO
3. What is the difference between BEXEL Manager Lite and Full version?
The only difference between BEXEL Manager Lite and BEXEL Manager full is that the Lite version supports up to 15.000 BIM elements. Also, Common Data Environment (CDE) functionalities are not available with the Lite version.
All the information regarding plans and pricing can be found on our website.
4. How can I request trial version of BEXEL Facility Management?
5. How to activate trial/educational license on more than one machine?
The trial and educational licenses are standalone single-seat licenses. That means that it can be activated just one time and on a single machine only. If hardware has changed, lost, or broken during the trial/educational period, the license must be deactivated by our support team. In order to deactivate the license, please write an email to our support team .
6. How to activate BEXEL Manager license?
BEXEL Manager will require for you to log in with your Bexel Account credentials when first started. Once logged in, the license will be activated automatically and you will get a message about the successful activation. Otherwise, if you don’t have an account yet or your account isn’t connected to any BEXEL Manager license, you can close the login screen and enter the license key manually. Please make sure you follow these steps when activating the software:
- Make sure you are connected to the Internet.
- When prompted for activation, please choose the first option “Enter a serial number and activate automatically”.
- Paste your license key and click OK.
If you are connected to the Internet and the activation fails, please check with your network administrator if there are any proxy servers or firewall rules which may be blocking outgoing internet traffic. If your network administrator can’t resolve the problem, please write an email to our technical support.
7. Is it possible to activate the license without the internet connection?
In cases that BEXEL Manager needs to be used in conditions with no internet connection or the licensing process fails because of proxy or firewall settings, there are possibility to activate the license offline. Please make sure you follow these steps when activating the software offline:
- When prompted for activation, please choose the second option (“Generate a request code using a serial number and activate manually”).
- Paste your license key and click OK.
- After a request code has been generated, use ‘Copy to Clipboard’ option to copy it and send it with your license key to via email and wait for the answer.
- After receiving an email with the activation code from us, please start BEXEL Manager again.
- When prompted for activation, please choose the third option (“Provide an activation code you obtained from BEXEL Consulting officials”) and enter the activation code/load file you got.
If everything passes well, you will get a message about the successful activation.
BEXEL Manager API (Application programming interface) allows developers as well as advanced users to access systems and functionalities of BEXEL Manager on a code level. Integrated API console allows you to write C# scripts directly inside BEXEL Manager for executing quick checks and analyses. More advanced BEXEL Manager add-ins can be developed using popular C# IDEs (Integrated Development Environment) such as Visual Studio (free version available here). On BEXEL Manager API Page you can find more information regarding the API, download API Getting Started Guide and access BEXEL Manager API Documentation.